That's not what the Death card means
Ain't that a shame
written 2006-11-20 08:31:00
- There's snow on the ground. Hell yes. To this point, each time I've mentioned snow, it's been flurries, not sticking, no evidence remains an hour after the snowfall ends. This time: on my drive back from Newark last night there were a few moments where the snowflakes were all big and heavy and nearly blinding me in my headlights. I kept my fingers crossed all night (and now I have knuckle cramps) but there you go. Mind you, it's a miserable quantity of snow. But it's there.
- Newark, Ohio, home of the Great Circle Mound, and Comic Shop Plus. I went for the Vampire, but stayed for the prehistoric structures. And if something terrible happens to me, I really didn't mean to walk over the mound. They only post those "Do Not Desecrate" signs on the outside, and I was on the inside, so, c'mon. Also, I placed second in a field of 15 at my VTES tournament (Tzimisce toolbox). Great to see some folks from the VTES days, talk some trash, stab some backs. I'm sure they look forward to seeing me soon.
- There's a lovely area between Columbus and Newark, with hills and streams and actual terrain -- not this flat excuse for a landscape we have here in Ada. I shouldn't complain - I'll be back among the rolling hills and gentle streams of God's Country, Bucks County, PA shortly. It was just nice to see hills again, unexpectedly.
- Saturday, I wrought another outline - two done (ostensibly) and two to go.
- Also Saturday, I played Clix and won. I don't think it's a misnomer to say I won big. I also don't think it's bragging. I beat the biggest, angriest figure in the set with a group of rookies and one highly expensive but not terribly effective figure. Then I traded my prize figure for lots of other stuff. And I might be able to turn the big-price-tag figure into either money (eBay) or more figures (trading).
- Ooooogh. Long, busy weekend. Good times, though.
- Last item - my professor, the former jet fighter pilot and Top Gun graduate, is late this morning to class. If you schedule something for eight o'clock in the morning, do me a favor and show up. God help him if he tries to reschedule for next week, the last week before finals.
--8:29 AM, EDT, Ada, OH, you don't wake me unnecessarily. You just don't.