That's not what the Death card means
This Is The Week That Was
written 2007-02-10 21:18:49
In no particular order:
- Switched instant messaging programs from MSN Messenger to Adium. Now have a dock icon of Hobbes instead of that little MSN Fisher-Price person. Much happier.
- Switched internet browsers from Safari to Firefox. While FF may be more vulnerable to various and sundry issues than Safari, it's still safer than IE. I hope. This should resolve some of the issues that I've had in internet browsing that I had written off to the internet's general preference for PCs over Macs.
- Got a few more issues of my New Mutants run completed. At one time, I believe I had a 85% complete run of 1-100. I'm getting back to that point, bit by bit.
- Made no progress in figuring out my spring break. Flights seem expensive, driving seems tedious, this all probably just says I'm waffling.
- Had my first VITA appointment. Helped a lady with her return, but got held up trying to maximize her credits. We hope that she'll get what she deserves, but the IRS doesn't have a form explicitly for that, I think. Hopefully resolving that shortly.
- Ate too much pizza (it was free, I feel justified) at a Friday afternoon lecture on small firms and small town legal practice. Ended up with weird dreams and gastric unsettlement, which is probably not a word.
- The wind made short work of the lovely snow. It's now halfway back to "meh." Plenty of ice remains, though - I doubt we've seen a temperature about 20 degrees in a week.
And that's the news. I'm Walter Cronkite. Good night.
--21:18 PM, EDT, Ada, OH, I'm not really Walter Cronkite