That's not what the Death card means
Now featuring the Rollicking Gut Buster
written 2009-03-12 20:10:57
What? Where? Pardon?
Sorry. Things have been interesting lately. In the Chinese proverbial way. Not that things have been particularly Zen or Communist. As in the proverb. You probably knew that. I'm overexplaining, aren't I?
- Two weeks ago I started my new job, which is also, coincidentally, my old job. I'm back working for , doing contractor work in document review. I'm commuting to the city every day, and working with two young ladies I had previously worked with before I went the personal injury route. It's nice to be back. My bank account sure appreciates it.
- I have to move in a few weeks, because staying here is bad for my social life, my soul, and my hopes and dreams. It's good for my legs, since I have to climb two flights of stairs every day, and I will have to replace this exercise with something else in the new apartment. The search continues for new living arrangements.
- A new game begins with the long running nerd crew. Hunter: The Vigil, featuring the Lucifuge and the traditional Heslin refusal to hew to the party line (going Loyalist of Thule). Updates as requested.
- So, as you know, I was booted from my prior place of employment (The Law Firm Which Shall Not Be Named). I accepted this turn of events, and in this situation, at least I would be able to claim unemployment benefits. However, a few weeks later I received a notice from the unemployment people that my prior employer had sent them a letter filled with untruths, damned lies and statistics, alleging that I was terminated for setting fire to the place, exposing myself to elderly women and Taking the Managing Partner's Name in Vain. For these spurious reasons, my claims for benefits were flatly denied. As you may or may not know, lies and falsehoods sting me to my core, and I was caused to raise up a crusade against these crooked words. I took my noble fight to the unemployment people, who did hear my valorous declarations, and did find in my favor. He Who Spokest Lies was vanquished, and sent packing. I rule. (Well, until he appeals my appeal. We'll see if it's worth it to him.)
- In case that last paragraph was too long or purple, I applied for unemployment and got denied. I appealed, and won my appeal.
- I'm running Heroclix games at Cyborg One on some Sundays now. Come by if you want to play with little plastic superheroes around 1 PM, or just talk comics with the good people in Doylestown's premiere comic source.
- I totally had some kind of stomach flu, and it hit while I was at my unemployment hearing. I actually thought that my former boss was wreaking some kind of lawyer voodoo on me, my guts were clenched and strained so. Turned out to just be a bit of illness, which cost me a day of work (in addition to the day I took for the hearing). I'm feeling much better, thanks.
- My buddy Dave came to visit. It's great to have friends who travel, so you can be the lazy one who just waits until the other guy shows up. He's doing well, though he lives in Flat Raccoon, Conn., where there isn't much gaming. We'll have to find some time to get up there and get a round of Rummy, Assumption or V:TES going.
- I'm about to have pork roll sandwiches, chips, and ginger ale. It's dinner time, y'all!
--8:06 PM, Hatboro, PA, now they're all just hoochie women